THE MONTESSORI METHOD
The Montessori Method of education is a unique method which places emphasis in educating the whole child, covering all aspects of their development- intellectual, social, physical, emotional and spiritual.
Our nurturing environment ensures that each child
- Develops at his/her own pace.
- Reaches his/her full potential.
- Receives individual attention, love and security.
- Is able to flourish through self discipline and self discovery.
- Experiences a happy, calm, safe environment where learning is fun.
The most significant differences between Montessori and mainstream education are the concepts of individuality and freedom, the prepared environment and the role of the teacher.
- One to One individualized teaching.
- A non-competitive environment.
- Early detection of learning difficulties and gifted children.
- Montessori children gain a head start in Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
- Montessori children continue to show positive social and behaviour development in all areas.
- Children achieve self-discipline, independence, confidence and virtues of patience.
- Montessori children are awakened spiritually through the love and care of nature.
- Children learn to respect everyone and everything around them and gain a holistic perspective of the world they live in.
- The Montessori environment encourages order, responsibility and kindles in them the spirit for life- long learning.